Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just Roll the Dice

I've been a bit ill the past couple of days, with a headache, stuffy and runny nose, coughing, fever ... the classic cold/flu. Over-the-counters I've been taking have helped me sleep, but the dreams the induce are crazy.

One from last night: Bruce Springsteen reaches out to me, hands me a pair of dice and says, "Roll the dice!"

That's something I've been doing practically all my life. I don't know much about playing craps or poker or roulette, etc. In other words, I've never been a gambler in the traditional sense. But in life, I've never been averse to taking chances in careers, places to live, experiences and really life-altering adventures.

I like Bruce, although I'm not a fanatic. Never even been to a concert and I've only purchased a couple of the albums. But if The Boss tells me to "Roll the dice," I suppose I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment