Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why we live in downtown L.A. (one reason)

We moved downtown because Linda works at the Central Library, about a 15 minute walk away.

Now, most everything we need is now within walking distance or accessible via public transportation: the Metro or DASH. I needed to retrieve something for Linda from the library and figured while I was out I'd stop by one of the two local drug stores nearby -- Walgreens and Rite-Aid -- and then finish up at Ralph's for some last minute grocery items.

Instead of walking, I took the car. Mistake. I couldn't find parking, anywhere. I drove back to the parking garage and ended up walking anyway. Ended up taking me twice as long. Oh, well.

A shot from the rooftop some time this summer, in the evening. Another reason we live downtown:

No comments:

Post a Comment